Saturday, October 25, 2014

Pretty Picture Post: Powder Puffs and Lipstick Kisses Part Two

Hi Everyone,

I finally decided to do part two of the vintage ad picture post. Here is Part One. This time I decided to share mostly 1960s advertisements. I really like the make-up trends from this era. The pastel lip colours (pink, peach, orange and purple), as well as orange-red matte lipstick, bold liquid eye-liner, blue and green eye-shadow looks (accompanied by a dark shade in the crease), bronze luminous skin, chalky pink/peach blush and super thick lashes, are all looks that I can see my self recreating. I have tried a few "out there" looks recently and shared them on my Facebook Page. I feel like there are almost more pictures of me on my blog Facebook than my own Facebook now...

I hope you all enjoy these rad advertisements. I think it's always cool to see what the beauty trends were in other eras and how they translate in make-up looks today. While I usually go for more of a basic 40s/50s look I think that the 60s is a really fun era that we shouldn't forget. I think these ads are really inspiring and a great reference for those who want to create an accurate 1960s  look.

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Your Favourite Blogger,
Natalie

No comments: