Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Pretty Picture Post: Wing Tips and Old Chrome

Hey Everyone,
If you have been following me on Facebook you might have noticed a few vintage car advertisements being posted over the last couple of weeks. Not only have I been enjoying a number of vintage car ads making their way into my Pinterest news feed, but I have also recently purchased a new car for myself. I didn't get a vintage car (even though I adore 'em) because I needed something practical, but I really do like the car that I chose and I think it feels luxurious (to me) almost the same way a shiny old Thunderbird would have.

To be honest; I don't know a whole lot about automobiles. I know that they can be very pretty to look at, I know the main reason for them is transportation, And I know what we look for in a vehicle depends a lot on our individual preferences/needs. I also find it really interesting how ads for different industries have changed (or stayed the same) over the years. Some car advertisements are quite cheesy, some can be sexist (I won't share those with you), And some really aren't all that different to the car ads of today.

I have chosen a variety of images to share with you all including but not limited to advertisements. There are a lot of lovely pictures out there of the actual cars, and of models posing with retro cars. Most of these cars are from the 1960s and earlier, though a few recent luxury cars may have snuck in...

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

AND NOW FOR THE FUN STUFF...

*

*

*

*

*

I'm not going to pretend to know the names of these cars or anything about them. I just know that they look pretty amazing. I hope you enjoyed this post and fully encourage sharing or tagging with any motoring enthusiasts you know ;)

Your Favourite Blogger,
Natalie

1 comment:

Witchcrafted Life said...

How awesome, dear gal!!! Congrats on your new car. I adore this plethora of vintage ads. The high end fashion that was depicted in vehicle ads of old is so sensational. I wish more ads (of all sorts) were a fraction as stylish still these days.

I hope you and your new ride enjoy many wonderful years together!

♥ Jessica