Saturday, February 7, 2015

Summer Favourites: Beauty/Style/Music

*

Hi Everyone,
After numerous stormy afternoons, going back to work, a few dance classes and a small technological saga, I'm back! As usual I thought I would share my summer favourites before summer is actually over. Summer is when I have my Christmas holidays, though because it's so hot I don't usually do all that much. Things like the beach aren't really advisable in summer (that's more of a spring thing) and I'm honestly glad I avoided it, because I managed to get really sun burnt twice at other events. 

I don't feel like I have too many favourites to share with you guys this time. I haven't really been feeling like dressing up, unless I have somewhere to go, because it's just so hot. I did get really into the make-up at the start of the holidays and I ate a lot of junk food, so my skin is super mad at me. I have been trying to avoid both. Unless I'm going out I just stick to brows and lipstick. I've been meaning to clean my make-up brushes, but we get a lot of bugs at night and I worry that they will end up with dead bugs on them which is gross. 

Excuses aside, I have had a pretty good summer. I managed to finish five books in the beginning of 2015, I have started dancing again (like actual classes), I have found some new music that I like and I've got a lot of things to look forward to. I did discover/rediscover a few favourites that I thought I would like to share with you. I hope you enjoy.

*

SKINCARE:
  • I have really been enjoying the good old Maybelline Baby Lips, Blistex Lip Conditioner and the Patissiere De Bain Sugared Violet Lip Balm.
  • I know it's not really skincare, but on make-up free days I am really enjoying wearing the Avon Magic FX Primer over my moisturiser because it stops my face from going oily.
  • My Eczema has been playing up in the heat, and while this hasn't exactly cured it, I find that applying a little honey to the area before my shower calms it down and dissolves away some of the dead skin. 
MAKEUP:
  • Though I haven't really been going for the full-face make-up look the last couple of weeks, whenever I have decided to go all out I've been reaching for either my Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation or my Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous Foundation. These are both fairly new to me and I really like them. The Covergirl one is almost powder-like when it dries and the Bourjois one doesn't need primer or powder.
  • I have really been liking my Milani Colour Statement Lipsticks . I think the darker shimmery shades are my favourites. I am hoping to review these soon.
  • I really like the NYX Blush in Angel. If you can get a little heavy handed with blush, then this is perfect for you. It is almost impossible to over do it with this shade.
  • I have really been loving the ChiChi Eyeshadow BASES Palette . I think it's really good value for money and it's a great companion palette for any collection. 
  • I have also really been liking the Besame Lipstick in Portrait Pink. This is the perfect muted neutral pink colour. 
FASHION/STYLE:
  • I bought a bunch of things from Target and ASOS on clearance and I have been really loving some of them. 
  • I have also been getting a lot of wear out of my MIX Apparel T-shirts. They are affordable and no-nonsense which is great for this weather. 
  • I have really been liking Taylor Swift's style lately and I think some of the 2015 Runway Collections look really good!
MUSIC:
  • I have been revisiting my Marie Antoinette Soundtrack and The Killers CDs that I own.
  • Some songs I have had on repeat:
- 'Sunday Girl' by Blondie
- 'Snow Queen' by She & Him
- 'It's Too Late' and 'Don't Let Me Down' by No Doubt
- 'Wait for Life' by Emile Haynie feat Lana Del Rey
- 'Read My Mind' by The Killers
- 'Beggin' by Franki Valli and the Four Seasons
- 'Swimming Pool' by Emmy The Great
- 'Comic Book' by Emmy The Great
- 'Bizarre Love Triangle' by New Order
- 'Run Away' by Kayne West (I know I know, but it's so catchy)
- 'Boys Don't Cry' by The Cure
- 'All Your Loving' (close your eyes) by The Beatles
- 'Heartstrings' by Leighton Meester


*

I hope you are all enjoying the last of your Summer/Winter. What have your favourites been so far this season?

Your Favourite Blogger,
Natalie

1 comment:

Witchcrafted Life said...

Fantastic list! This winter I've really been feeling like my creative and fashion horizons have been expanding and as though more things that I can count have been inspiring and speaking to me.

Some of the biggest things on my radar lately have been animal themed jewelry, silver jewelry, dark coloured fashions (very much including suits), 40s tilt hats, anything in brown or pine green, sparkle/confetti lucite jewelry, single note perfumes, and earthy coloured eye shadows.

Have a marvelous weekend, dear gal!
♥ Jessica