Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Review: Charmed Season 9 Volume 3 (Comic)

THE DETAILS:
Pages: 184
Genre: Graphic Novels, Fantasy
Publisher: Zenescope Entertainment
Release Date: 24/04/2012
I bought it online.

THE DESCRIPTION:
The years have passed quickly for The Charmed Ones since they learned of their magical heritage. In only one decade they have experienced so much love and loss, joy and sorrow, failure and success. But time marches on and new challenges will be met as Phoebe is haunted by her past, Piper must deal with the present, and Paige is forced to cope with the future. But none of those events will prepare them to face the truth behind a family secret that could change everything for the Warren line.

THE REVIEW:
I was really excited to read the next volume of 'Charmed'. I have been re-watching the show, but I decided to read this one so that I could see what was going to happen next. The story-line picks up where it left of last time (well, kind of) and this volume definitely didn't disappointing.

I've noticed with the first two volumes that some of the things occurring in the Volume were very similar to some of the things that occurred in the show. I guess I'm being a little vague, but I don't want to reveal too much. Call it the supernatural consequences, or side-effects or even evidence - it really depends on the episode-  but, if it whatever it was happened in the volume also happened in the show, then these supernatural leftovers/indicators are exactly the same. What I liked about this volume was that there were a few differences and some new parts of the "mythology" were introduced.

There was also a little bit of a cliff-hanger to keep me interested, but nothing so major that would annoy you if you had to wait for the volume to come out. I am really excited to read the next one and hope that volume 4 won't be the last one.

Overall, I have rated this comic 5 out of 5 stars. The charmed comics are great for people who really enjoyed the 'Charmed' show and have really convinced me to start reading other comics. The artwork is great and the story-line is set out very similar to the television show.

Your Favourite Blogger,
Natalie

2 comments:

Wall-to-wall books said...

Ha! I am watching Charmed on Netflix. I am mid season 2. I love it!

Natalie_vintage_girl said...

Awesome :) I love the early seasons especially but they are all pretty good. I feel like i will be rewatching the show for the rest of my life